1. Collapse Details
    Simple DMX741 Mod
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I have never been satisfied with the way the DMX741 LNB fit into the scaler ring. It always seems to wobble around and did not have a good fit; even by tightening down the set screw. I found that by inserting a small piece of rubber between the DMX741 LNB and the scaler ring it made for a tighter fit.

I found an old rubber gasket that is about 3/16 inch in diameter and cut a piece off about 1 inch long. I set this into the scaler ring near the set screw, and then slide the LNB down into position. (see picture). I have been running this on one of my C Band dishes for over a year and the rubber has held up without breaking down.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Simple DMX741 Mod
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Joe,

They make them the same cheap way as a household ceiling lamp with those screws that never get snug.

click click b00m

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I found that several layers of duct tape can also help for a snug fit of different lnbs.
    Nihil sine Deo !

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice job. I have a BSC 621 that while seemed to tighten up it would not sit firm, solid, and straight. I don't have a picture but I clamped a piece of 1/2" thick AL in the mill and bored out a hole just big enough for a snug fit when slid onto the lnbf. Added a set screw and when mounted into the scalar with the piece I made the LNBF fits tight and perpendicular to the scalar. Also the screw in the scalar only needed to hold the lnb from turning and not hold it in place.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like what you describe here. If you ever get a chance please post a picture of the mod you did.

The sad part of all of this is that for less than $1.00 they could have added a bigger collar and the problem would not exist in the first place.

Thanks,

GI_Joe