Thread: BUD with V-Box

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    No, the sledge is just a figure of speech, bud. Did go out and pulled the back off of the actuator, took the spare Von Weise out and connected it and still getting Er2 so I doubt it's the actuator. Now down to either the cable or connections on the V-Box and we have tried connections so many times I am sure we have got them tight. Now to try to located the spare ribbon cable. I put it away so I wouldn't lose it. Well, you guessed it.....I have forgotten where it is so I need to get some cable to try that solution.
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I guess there is no need to test the other cable. The V-Box was on the arm of the couch and my dog jumped up tipped it over.....voila it started working. Now I need to start over and get the dish set up again. Two trees to cut and then start over. Guess it must still have been the darn connections.
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    One more question. Whenever I have had a V-Box connected to my receiver and BUD, I have always had the "switch" set to Motor. As it stands, right now, if I put the switch to Disceq, I can get a dead solid lock on 99% signal strength and get the same if I set the switch to USALS. However, if I set it to "motor" The signal strength jumps from 0 to 99 repeatedly. Any ideas?

4. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    It's been a while since I had a vbox so I don't think I could help you out EC. I would go with what works EC, as long as it doesn't effect the movement of your dish and the vbox moves it as a stand alone positioner.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by easily confused View Post
    One more question. Whenever I have had a V-Box connected to my receiver and BUD, I have always had the "switch" set to Motor. As it stands, right now, if I put the switch to Disceq, I can get a dead solid lock on 99% signal strength and get the same if I set the switch to USALS. However, if I set it to "motor" The signal strength jumps from 0 to 99 repeatedly. Any ideas?
    Well, it has to be set to motor otherwise it won't move...USALS is not going to work on a C-band..

Motor should be set to DiSEqC1.2 under motor controls, not sure what box your using though, so you could post your settings and get some feedback that way.

click click b00m

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    OooooooooooooooooooooooooooK!!! This getting more frustrating than going to the fridge and finding no beer and realizing that Shepp has been to my place. I have checked and rechecked but still nothing, so looking to confirm a few things. My elevation is supposed to be 37.5 with a declination of 6.81 so I have set my elevation at 44.3....correct????? By running the actuator back and forth I have located the high point and then pointed the dish to south with a magnetic deviation set to 190 degrees. Getting signal strength of 84% but can't get a blip of Q. Now, if I use the formula for focal length I get a reading 34.3" ((90 X 90) / (16 X 14.75- depth of the dish)) = 8100/236 =34.3. Here comes an issue. I can't install the LNB at 34.3 because it will be out of the mount. The best I can get is 33.5. Now, the old BSC 621 was mounted closer than the current 621-2d and worked, so any suggestions......other than open beer because I have already tried that and it hasn't helped. Well, it hasn't reception, although I feel better.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    You have me a little lost EC... Unless I missed something I thought all you were doing was replacing the V-Box..If your C-Band dish was set right before and I know it was then why the need to change things?

click click b00m

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    After replacing the V-Box nothing seemed to be right. Could not find any Q signal on any sat at all. Started looking and it seems that either I was out of whack all along or something was changed so I have basically started over as in a new installation. New LNB because I was getting 0 signal strength on the old 621 after the lightning hit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12