Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    BUD with V-Box
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Anyone out there using a V-Box 7 to move their BUD. I connected the V-Box and no matter what we try we get Er2 which means no pulses. Just wondering if there is a difference in how the V-B0x 7 and V-Box II are wired. Short of that I may have to try to swap out the Actuator. I have a spare 24" Von Weise and a 24" ?? I'd use the Von Weise. It weighs almost twice as much as the other one that is missing the identifying name plate
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    You could have the ground wires reversed EC, shut it off and reverse the wires. I'll take a picture of how mine is wired in the morning.

click click b00m

3. Collapse Details
    Pics
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here you are EC, Hope the pictures help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

click click b00m

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Viper, does your ribbon cable only have 4 wires? Mine has 5 wires. The red and white for M1/M2 and then I have 3 small wires, brown/green/orange. I suspect that it is these wires that are the problem, if it is not the actuator. I know we had 2 wires connected together on the V-Box II but there are not instructions as o how to connect to the V-Box 7 and using the same configuration is not working.
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by easily confused View Post
    Viper, does your ribbon cable only have 4 wires? Mine has 5 wires. The red and white for M1/M2 and then I have 3 small wires, brown/green/orange. I suspect that it is these wires that are the problem, if it is not the actuator. I know we had 2 wires connected together on the V-Box II but there are not instructions as o how to connect to the V-Box 7 and using the same configuration is not working.
    Just the 4 wires on mine, but I am just using irrigation wires for Home Depot, much cheaper! It could be that your current wires got smoked in the storm as well, I doubt very much there is anything wrong with your actuator..I have the exact same as you.

click click b00m

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ViP3R View Post
    Just the 4 wires on mine, but I am just using irrigation wires for Home Depot, much cheaper! It could be that your current wires got smoked in the storm as well, I doubt very much there is anything wrong with your actuator..I have the exact same as you.
    I've been wondering about the wires, as well. I have another length of ribbon cable that could lay out, on the ground to test and I guess that will be next. Only downside is that, if it is the ribbon cable, the current one is buried, in conduit under the new lawn and there is no way that I can pull a replacement through. Well, now to find out where I put that other cable, so I wouldn't lose it.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by easily confused View Post
    I've been wondering about the wires, as well. I have another length of ribbon cable that could lay out, on the ground to test and I guess that will be next. Only downside is that, if it is the ribbon cable, the current one is buried, in conduit under the new lawn and there is no way that I can pull a replacement through. Well, now to find out where I put that other cable, so I wouldn't lose it.
    I hear yaa EC, I tried to feed mine through as well, but soon noticed that there was no way that I could ever pull that wire out and feed it back in if I had a problem..So I just dug a small enough trench so the lawnmower would not cut it.. So when I have a problem down the road I'll just rip up the old wire and replace it with more cheap stuff..It was actually 18g thermostat/air conditioning wire that I got from Home Depot.

click click b00m

8. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Before you do anything EC, unscrew the actuator cap where the wires are located and see how they are wired. Aside from your main m1 and m2 wires it doesn't really matter what 2 colours you choose but they have to represent the correct colour scheme on your vbox as well. I always had issues with my vbox as well as the back holes are too small for the m1 and 2 wires- try removing them again and re-inserting tighter.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, wires in the actuator match those attached to V-Box and M1/M2 wires seem to be very tight. At first all I could pull was 30% strength and so I moved the co-ax over to the Ku side and got around 85%. Then moved the co-ax back to the C-Band side and got 85%. Still can't seem to get rid of the Er2 message so will wait until tomorrow because I am close to making adjustments to the V-Box with the sledge hammer and I think we all know how that would work out.

10. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Before you revert to the sledge, remember when you initially installed your bud and the help that beano gave you- Rome wasn't built in a day my friend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast