Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    OK. Do a factory default. Even when it ends up in PAL, it is not the end of the world.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I found this on another website - I loaded the NTSC firmware and I had instant access again. And then I upgraded the firmware to the newest version.
    Bob

How to Escape From PAL Video Format

1. Format USB flash drive to fat32 and install the unzipped NTSC firmware file for your model of receiver onto the flash drive.
    2. Insert USB drive into the receiver. Wait 15 seconds then press the red remote button, press the left arrow button, then press the OK button.

These steps will cause the firmware to load
    Last edited by brr5; 08-01-2012 at 07:39 PM.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    hello EB and brr5
    I have the NTSC loaded on the receiver already, if I upgrade to the new firmware that just came out, is it going to come up on pal mode after the installation? if it does, why do I want to install the the NTSC back on the receiver, this is what I had to begin with.
    installing this NTSC firmware again is going to cancel the the latest file I just upload it correct?
    thanks for your comments.
    Regards.
    Chewie

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chewie-
    I have had it go both ways. When I upgraded to .42 it put me back in PAL mode and also only the EU sat list showed up. When I upgraded to .78 it restarted in NTSC mode with no problems.
    So it's nice to know how to fix any problems that may arise.
    So far it is a GREAT box that I am still getting used to - and someday maybe I will get the wireless to work. I ordered another USB dongle that has one of the listed chipsets as the one I have now has the chipset but the Raptor doesn't see it.
    Bob

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It will not come up in PAL mode unless you do a factory default OR unless there is a problem when the file is loaded.
    These updates do not normally write to the var folder, so you should have nothing to worry about.

IF you do end up in PAL, there are several ways to get out of it. The web interface works in PAL so if you have that installed before you update, you can see the receiver's screens and menus on your computer.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you guys for your replay, I been looking for information on " how to " on this receiver and there is very little out there.
    I want to make sure I have my bases cover.
    I did upload the new sat file and like it better than the one I had.
    Regarding the wireless, I had a wifi gamer adapter laying around is a D-LINK adapter, I connected to the ethernet port and it works very good.
    Regarding this web interface, is this part of the raptor screen manu? is it a plugin? if it is where can I get it from.
    Please let me know.
    Thanks in advance.
    Regards
    Chewie
    Last edited by chewie; 08-02-2012 at 04:11 PM.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have posted a bunch of "How To" information on this receiver. Let me know what you are trying to do and I will point you to it.
    Also, look in the Anaconda section. Almost all of the normal "How To" information works on the Raptor. The E2 Anaconda information is different.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12