Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    6ft WSI Dish
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    After 1 year I bought this dish, and disputes with wife about the place to install, yesterday I was able to lock into my south due sat (83w).
    It is a polar mount, but I did not install yet the actuator.
    I can get ~46% q on C-band(PA cable), ~49% on ku-band(RTV) & solid 70% on transp 11775v with a DMX741 positioned @12 o'clock with the "0" mark.
    Is this low q on C-band because I didn't install the dielectric plate ? As I read this is usefull for ku-band on "U" model.
    I did play a lot with the lnb in & out of the ring, but this is the best i can get on my s9.
    A lot of confusion on the web about latitude and longitude so did a lot of calculations for the set up & more to come for the actuator.
    Of course there are a lot of "mechanical" problems due to poor workmanship: braket welded not parallell with the ring, sloppy (undersized) bolts,
    but I made my entrance into the C-band world.
    I'm planning to hook up the actuator to a v-box. is the any advise on how much the arm has to be out @ zenith ? I'm guessing 1/2 way !
    Also, can the actuator be run with s9 only durring the setup ?
    Nihil sine Deo !

2. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lme View Post
    After 1 year I bought this dish, and disputes with wife about the place to install, yesterday I was able to lock into my south due sat (83w).
    It is a polar mount, but I did not install yet the actuator.
    I can get ~46% q on C-band(PA cable), ~49% on ku-band(RTV) & solid 70% on transp 11775v with a DMX741 positioned @12 o'clock with the "0" mark.
    Is this low q on C-band because I didn't install the dielectric plate ? As I read this is usefull for ku-band on "U" model.
    I did play a lot with the lnb in & out of the ring, but this is the best i can get on my s9.
    A lot of confusion on the web about latitude and longitude so did a lot of calculations for the set up & more to come for the actuator.
    Of course there are a lot of "mechanical" problems due to poor workmanship: braket welded not parallell with the ring, sloppy (undersized) bolts,
    but I made my entrance into the C-band world.
    I'm planning to hook up the actuator to a v-box. is the any advise on how much the arm has to be out @ zenith ? I'm guessing 1/2 way !
    Also, can the actuator be run with s9 only durring the setup ?

The plate is used only for circular sats and with a 6' dish you won't be able to pick those up on the Atlantic side. PNN is not a very strong tp and I think the signal quality your getting with a 6' solid is about right. Once you decide to install the actuator and set up your limits I would have the dish pointed to about 30w and the actuator arm almost all in, leave about an inch. That way you may be able to track more of the arc when setting up your western limit.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the reply.
    What about my 2nd question ?
    do i need to use v-box only to drive the actuator?
    Nihil sine Deo !

4. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Yes, your vbox will move the jack, you could take it outside with you when you are setting it up if it's more convenient.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I started to scan the sat with the vbox, but i noticed that on ku sat, H tp are few clicks away from V tp.
    except on 83w my true south.
    Nihil sine Deo !

6. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    I'm not quite sure what you mean but ku is normally a bit harder to track then c band. A very strong signal qualuty on c band may require a click or 2 either east or west on the vbox for ku.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're right.
    c-band is more then 2 clicks away, but my problem is ku-band: if i get a lock on v transponders, h transponders are lost & vice-versa except on 83w
    where are only horizontaly transponders.
    Nihil sine Deo !

8. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    I have never experieced that before. Normally a ku lock will bring in both polarities. You may need to skew your feed, what type of lnb or lnbf are you using?

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    DMX 741.
    Nihil sine Deo !

10. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    If you have easy access to the feed I would suggest you skew it a bit, especially on the polarity which is causing you issues until it improves. I've had a couple of 741 lnbf and I must say I wasn't too impressed- not bad on c band but ku was always an issue and that is why I have seperate dedicated dishes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast