Thread: timer?

1. Collapse Details
    timer?
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I got a usb 3.0 dock for my hardrive an finally can record without the dreaded device speed to slow to record nag and tried to record with the timer function.I left the receiver on and it didn't record at the designated time.I set the timer again and this time turned it off with the remote.It didn't record either but it did clear the timer screen.I went to the media player and my previous recording didn't even show up.I had to cycle power on the receiver and was able to get that back.It may be because of old firmware,I was testing 6-21-2011 s9 firmware.I will try again with newer firmware.
    or am I being obtuse?

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It turned on the receiver,showed rec on tv screen,turned off at the proper time but never saved the recording.
    Mediaplayer shows nothing.That is with the latest firmware as of this writing,2-15-2011
    or am I being obtuse?

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    trying with the 10-10-2011 firmware

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    you have to set the timer to start a few minutes before the actual program to give the receiver time to settle down and to detect the usb.So if a program starts at 10pm I set the timer to start 9:58pm
    PressTv on 97w sets the time correctly,then I turn gmt usage off to keep other sats from screwing up the time.I disconnected the cpu fan I installed to cut down on noise but the cpu temp shot up past 122F when the receiver is on.Even with the receiver off the temp is still 106F.I will just have to put up with the noise at night unless I get one of those peltier coolers cheap.
    or am I being obtuse?

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will see how long the clock keeps the correct time with gmt usage set to off.