1. Collapse Details
    Blind Scan and Duplicated channels
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Hello Gents
    I have a question for the Raptor owners, after the blindscan, are you getting duplicate channels? if you are, have you corrected the problem?
    I am getting these duplicate channels, also if I re-blindscan again, it adds more of the same channels to the satellite.
    I saw a video on youtube on the blindscan, the open the box with all the TP'S stored for this sat, they did something and before the blindsan it shows a message stating that all the transponders are going to be deleted and an option to cancel or yes.
    if the transponders are deleted just before he blindscan, is the raptor is going to add them back if they are found?
    In the good side of ths receiver, I like the graphics, easy menus, easy to setup, awsome picture quality, the blind scan is fast, but I think I am doing somethings wrong, on on Sat 97 is not picking up the Azteca Mux.
    I have a Azbox P+ with enigma2 software, the signal qualiy is not very high, give you an example, on Sat 105W, the highest % I can get is 60% to 63%
    wih the Raptor same channels I get 72% to 75% and this is with my 6 foot dish with ortho LNB'S, this is awsome, no more glitches on the picture.
    Thanks in advance for any comments.
    ReGARDS.
    Chewie

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the scanning video you saw was created by me, and it is only a demonstration video. You do not have to delete any transponders. Duplicate channels are usually the result of wrong antenna settings or bad hardware

It will probably be easier to see how you have the receiver set up. Look at the attached two pictures for reference, and upload your sys fdu file here.

First put a clean fat 32 usb stick in the front port of the receiver.
    Then select Data Transfer under System Tools in the Main menu. (Press the OK button on the remote to enter Data Transfer.)
    Highlight "Transfer All System data to USB storage" in Data Transfer, then Press the OK button on the remote.
    Your sys fdu file will be transferred to the usb stick. Then zip the sys fdu file up and attatch it in this thread.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    hello EB
    Here is the file, hope you can find out the issue with duplicate channels.
    thanks in advance.
    Chewie.
    Attached Files Attached Files

4. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    I would save all my settings and tp info and factory default and rescan all sats, I do this quite often with my receivers.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chewie View Post
    hello EB
    Here is the file, hope you can find out the issue with duplicate channels.
    thanks in advance.
    Chewie.
    Your lnb is not switching between the Horizontal and Vertical polarities so you are scanning the same transponder twice.
    Check your lnb as it is usually the problem.
    You can also verify that the receiver is putting out about 14 volts dc on vertical transponders and about 18 volts on horizontal transponders.

You are using something else to move the dish besides the Raptor because you do not have any positioner settings entered. If you are using an old system, you may need to tell it when to swap the H and V polarities for your lnb.

Attached is a picture showing the duplicate H and V transponders. EB

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks EB, I can see the duplicate TP, is there any way to erase the duplicate TP? I try to erase one of them it with the red Button but it did not work.
    I have a ortho feed with 2 norsat lnb,is going into a 4x8 multi-switch, the output is connected to 2 receivers, Raptor and the Azbox.
    I wonder I should blind scan the Vertical and horizontal separately, the Raptor has this good feature.
    I move my dish with my GBOX,is not connected to any receivers my Azbox don't like dish movers very well, hope the Raptor have no problems with it.
    I will Check my setup.
    Regards.
    Chewie

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Check and see if the Azbox has the same problem.
    Something is not switching somewhere. You may have to eliminate all switches by running a coax straight to the lnb from the Raptor. Verify the Raptor is switching dc voltages as the H and V transponders are changed. You are missing about half your channels with one polarity missing!

You can delete one transponder by highlighting the transponder and pressing the red remote button
    You can delete ALL transponders by highlighting the satellite and pressing the yellow button on the remote.
    See attached pictures. EB

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello EB
    I had a few days off last week and was able to isolate the problem, I don't think is the receiver problem.
    I check my orthos for skew and it was set correctly i did move it up and down and see if it made a difference, but no cigar.
    I end up replacing the orthos with just a regular c-band lnb and the problem is not there any more.
    so far the receiver works very good, i was able to connect to the internet, I added A WIFI gamer adaptor to the ethernet port and bang, it work without any problem.
    installed a external hdd to one of the usb ports and recorded and played the files with no problems.
    I have a question, is there any special way to setup the multiswitches.
    Please let me know.
    Regards.
    Chewie.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Somebody may be able to help you with the switches if you will post a diagram or describe in detail what you have.
    If possible eliminate all of the switches and run the coax straight from the receiver to the lnb. You can use barrel econnectors to close the gap where the switches are installed. Get the H and V transponder problem solved, then add the switches back into the system.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    HellO EB
    is a simple setup, I have a ortho mode feedhorn with 2 norsat lnb's on it, one for the Horizontal and one for the Vertical, they go into a multiswitch inputs, one is level 18v for horizontal and one is level 13v for the vertical.
    The switch has it's own power supply, this is a 4x8 multiswitch, I have the Raptor connected to one of the outputs of this switch and the Azbox to another output.
    The Azbox does not have a problem with the switch only the Raptor.
    As I stated on the above, I took my ortho set up and the switch out, installed one regular C-band lnb, I think is call Geoprosat C2 and it looks like the problem is no longer there.
    I was just wondering if the raptor has some settings for these type of switches.
    please let me know.
    Regards.
    Chewie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast