Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.zin View Post
    I got flamed there and left for good.
    you could try stbhd.com
    that's where the loader and editor programs came from.
    thanks for that site but im all ready there lol many months ago i read about that place even registered read it now and then even tried writing to them about stuff like 6 months ago each e mail i sent to them came back to me as damon falure what ever that means i even posted questions there

its just after so many hours and hours blind scanning tweaking my lnb set etc trying almost every firmware i could find for my s9 timing blind scan speeds noticing if while blind scans is it skiping over stuf YOU FINALY FIND THE BEST ONE!

this 6 18 12 that dont miss stuff cuts down time on blind scanning compared to all the other firmware i have used and only and i mean ONLY IF I COULD CHANGE THE ONE THING i bet a simple thing for this box so it would blind scan with a choice of h or v and im SHIT OUT OF LUCK! DEAD IN THE WATER!

well i will write stbd again may be this time my e mail will make it on slow boat to china and be read lol

funny while there i posted i got somone to write me that instead of hoping for the open box to be improved i should look inot the new micro that was coming out! ??????? WHY THE MICRO ALSO MISSES the same stuff i write about in hard stuff to blind scan not one of the weak stuff i posted was found except one tp on 72w ku stupid harold on the religous feed the only feed on 72w h!

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    At present, all Ali receivers blind scan about the same and have the same issues with missing channels and transponders. You can look at the threads of any Ali receiver and confirm this.
    Sales reps for the Micro HD are pushing a product that has just enough hardware to function. The micro HD firmware does have some extra options, but its firmware is Ali and its blind scan has the Ali quirks and bugs.

Most people do not realize that a blind scan is like trying to find a needle in a haystack because the transponders are not the same, and they may be configured differently such as DVB-S and DVB-S2.
    There have been some improvements made to the average receiver's blind scan over the years including an increase in speed and a reduction the receiver locking or hanging during a blind scan.
    I think some of my other receivers blind scan better than any of the Ali receivers that I have but none of the receivers that I have will blind scan everything that is available every time.
    Hopefully the blind scan routine will be improved soon, but I expect it to be the latter part of 2013 or even 2014 before we see a vast improvement in the way our receivers blind scan.

Some people that feed hunt do not use blind scan much. They have a good transponder table loaded in the receiver and they do a transponder scan instead of a blind scan.

Logging the stream from the satellite may be another good way to find things that are difficult or impossible to find by doing a scan of any type. The best blind scanning receiver cannot find a transponder or its channels unless information about these items is sent to the receiver. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TunaDude View Post
    thanks for that site but im all ready there lol many months ago i read about that place even registered read it now and then even tried writing to them about stuff like 6 months ago each e mail i sent to them came back to me as damon falure what ever that means i even posted questions there

its just after so many hours and hours blind scanning tweaking my lnb set etc trying almost every firmware i could find for my s9 timing blind scan speeds noticing if while blind scans is it skiping over stuf YOU FINALY FIND THE BEST ONE!

this 6 18 12 that dont miss stuff cuts down time on blind scanning compared to all the other firmware i have used and only and i mean ONLY IF I COULD CHANGE THE ONE THING i bet a simple thing for this box so it would blind scan with a choice of h or v and im SHIT OUT OF LUCK! DEAD IN THE WATER!

well i will write stbd again may be this time my e mail will make it on slow boat to china and be read lol

funny while there i posted i got somone to write me that instead of hoping for the open box to be improved i should look inot the new micro that was coming out! ??????? WHY THE MICRO ALSO MISSES the same stuff i write about in hard stuff to blind scan not one of the weak stuff i posted was found except one tp on 72w ku stupid harold on the religous feed the only feed on 72w h!
    Remember the guy from the north pole knocking the door to his neighbor selling a refrigerator? Mine is the best one and the best that keep food freeze!

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    funny that the microhd has the moving dish nag like the openbox and they are blaming the processor.
    But openbox firmware prior to may 2011 didn't have the nag,so much for that theory.
    or am I being obtuse?

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.zin View Post
    funny that the microhd has the moving dish nag like the openbox and they are blaming the processor.
    But openbox firmware prior to may 2011 didn't have the nag,so much for that theory.
    It's the ALI chip that does that...far as I remember they all have that problem.. show me a file that does not have that nag. I would like to see it.

click click b00m

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    anything pre may 5,2011 has no nag
    4-4-2011 is my favorite
    3-25-2011 is the oldest that will work on an v2 s10,there are/were 3 versions of s10
    firmware prior to that doesn't boot,it must have been the transition from solomend/sathawk.
    May 5 2011 was the first lan support firmware,but they screwed up other things.
    The 4-4-2011 was the only release for april of that year.
    or am I being obtuse?

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you dr.zin I will load the 4-4-2011 file on the S9 time permitting..

click click b00m

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    well this thread started by dr zin and him sharing the 6 18 12 firmware with us and the many who have written in it id just like to say again this new open box firmware dated on the inside of the info screen as 6 18 12 is the only firmware that i will use now on my s 9 and here is why!!!

blind scans faster than all the rest by about 30 seconds to a minute faster.

another reason is its not missing or skipping over active transponders that are close to each other like the rest of the firmware on openbox do.

im also not just blowing wind i spend time blind scanning during peak hours on ku sats i use 2 heavy feeds sats to base this info on, 99w ku 91w ku

both of these sats have a lot of active feeds and this one firmware 6 18 12 seems to blind scan with out the miss each and every time

a miss is lets say a ku sat has a range of feeds like 99w ku this is good way to see if your fta can cut blind scanning and see if its missing

during blind scanning of 99w ku, on the v side there is cbs new path 11787v 3979 always active then a 11792v cbs la mostly acitve all day

then 11806v 11811v 11816v 11821v 11827v 11832v11838v

i use this group of tp cause there close and around 4 to 7 pm there hot! not all of them are always hot but many of this 11806v to 11838v are active along with cbs news path and la news path 11787 11792 v all 3978 sym rate sd

using all firnware exceot the newest one there were times tp's were missed even though active and not weak in quality(blind scan missed but active)

i used firmware that was in the 2010 range the sep oct the nov everything in 2011 as well i used a modded firmware i have used stuff from euorpe asai not one firmware that i can download and use will blind scan with the speed and accuracy of this newest firmware made by someone somwhere in europe that was a fix for ird 2 somthing as its reported,,,,,,this new 6 18 12

of course i wished it would have the option of blind scanning in h or v like i wrote also in this thread already but all and all FINALLY IT'S NICE to at least have one firmware on my open box that DONT MISS! 6 18 12 long live it.

also the picture quality is great i dont have audio issues i dont have freezes only complaint is not enough folks blind scan in ku band like me to truly rate stuff!

9. Collapse Details
    blindscan 1 polarity
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TunaDude View Post
    Now if there was a way to have the new 6 18 12 firmware altered like the modded foreign s10 mac bird firmware dr zin, in that firmware you can blind scan in h or v only or both of course!
    antenna settings,set the lnb polarity to v or h instead of auto.
    Then after scanning,set it back to auto polarity.
    or am I being obtuse?

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi rrob might want to use this firmware since it is on this site can it be fixed to be able for him to download? when you click dr zins link for the firmware its o nly a black screen? did he take it with him or somthing when he left? i have a copy of this but not on this computer?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast