Thread: 6-18 firmware

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    this 6 18 2012 firmware really works best out of any other firmware i can use for my needs in the ku band on my s9 it does blind scan faster and in comparison to many others i have.

and doesn't skip over stuff in a blind scan it finds stuff! im blind scanning faster and better like 99w ku near cbs new path if i blind scan with this version of firmware and 11806v 11811v 11816v 11822v 11838v are all active i get them ! with any other firmware id always seem to miss a few in there!

Now if there was a way to have the new 6 18 12 firmware altered like the modded foriegn s10 mac bird firmware dr zin, in that firmware you can blind scan in h or v only or both of course!

i wish i could some take this new firmware keep it as it is for the abailty to blind scan better and faster than any other version i have used and only change the screen that i could chose to blind scan in h's or v's and both ?

it can make for me blind scanning even faster .

72w ku big example when i blind scan it now using my open box it has to go first through h first and then v

72w only has that one religious chanel on the h side so why waste time blind scanning H's just choose v only. and 93w also ku to never any h tp's itc. so i choose to blind scan v only if i could.

since my tuner does work! on the modded s10 mac bird firmware on my s9 using it does have the option of blind scanning h seperate or v but that modded firmware is screwy at times and the picture quailty is not well when im using the modded firmware mac on my s 9.

but blind scanning with it on 72w and only doing the v it took me 1 min and 22 seconds and finished .. with even the new firmware one now fro 6 18 12 it takes just under 3 minutes cause of it has to do the h first...

i wonder can it be done? can you some how squeeze in the part to choose blind scan in h or v or both out of a firmware what ever the chunks are and then edit it into this new firmware replace that part with this part? maybe that dude who hacked the s 10 could that dude who made the red firmware on the s 10

anonymouSX i wonder if he would tackle it! i have been reading around in searches on this modded mac firmware from madives site and the s 10 hack folks using chunks of older firmware matching stuff so it boots and such

so maybe with this 6 18 12 firmware which i feel is the one i want to use on my open box out of any of the ones i have tried id sure wish this one could be hacked for the area of screens to simple choose to blind scan in h only v only or both! older firmware on s9 use to have this option when blind scanning?

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still don't see the point
    If you blindscan for wildfeeds you still have to scan v and h
    or am I being obtuse?

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    what saving time in a blind scan isnt a good point? and you dont have to always scan h and v on some ku sats? also to speed up a scan you can stop it once its at the point where you know there is no more wild feed then do the v side still faster than waiting for it to have to go through the h slot...... i really time stuff

and on sats like 72w thas a good point skip the h side go to your menu hit v only and scan 72w ku done in less than 1 and a half minutes.

also 93 w again same skip the h do v nothing on h side except scrambled so being able to change to v only is a plus dr z another good point... but what im rather know from you is?????????

so can you take a new firmware like this 6 18 12 remove the chunks where the antenna set up is and some how use the one from the modded mac one ? that one has the option to scan h or v or both? or an older s 9 firmware that had the h and v option to choose from? on the modded mac s10 in ant set up is where you can set it to h or v or both.

i know you couldnt see the modded bin on you s10 but on my s 9 i can and since this newest firmware the one you posted here is the best one made why couldnt it go one step further

so thats what id like to know since i have been reading back in a few places you wrote about this topic of moving chunks from older firmware to other firmware and of course it still boots!

all and all faster blind scan times with out misse stuff and if you can save a minute or 2 or even three by uising a box that has this option is a real plus on my traxis 3500 it has this option .

i

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I always scan h and v,since with wildfeeds you never know what they are going to use.
    A better tweak would be to be able to select the range of freqs to scan,like the old coolsats.
    With those I just set it to scan 11700 to 12200 to speed things up.
    or am I being obtuse?

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    the same reason I use a standard ku lnb instead of universal,faster blindscan.
    It scans 11700 to 12750 which is too much but still faster than 10700 to 12750
    or am I being obtuse?

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    even anonymousx has petered out it seems.
    I haven't seen anything from him since there was snow on the ground.
    or am I being obtuse?

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wish i knew how if its as simple as finding the same 2 areas in the open boxs firmware the 6 18 12 one where it says antenna set up and then switching it with a antenna set up from a different firmware that has the choice to blind scan h or v or both,,,,, using some of those ali program the european site dudes made

for all i know dr zin you can master this quest of opening both firmware in a program and switching around the area and wala !

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    you need the sourcecode for tweaks like that,which aren't available.
    or am I being obtuse?

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    well i guess so much for having the open box ever blind scan in h or v only on this firmware from 6 18 12 as in changing it

its not like i can write open box in china and ask for them to alter there 6 18 12 firmware and just add that one request besides who knows which factory made my open box maybe one day this othere dude in erurope comes back in the picture i cant even be a member in that forum called sataid tells me there not accepting members when i try to be one ?

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got flamed there and left for good.
    you could try stbhd.com
    that's where the loader and editor programs came from.
    or am I being obtuse?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast