At present, all Ali receivers blind scan about the same and have the same issues with missing channels and transponders. You can look at the threads of any Ali receiver and confirm this.
Sales reps for the Micro HD are pushing a product that has just enough hardware to function. The micro HD firmware does have some extra options, but its firmware is Ali and its blind scan has the Ali quirks and bugs.

Most people do not realize that a blind scan is like trying to find a needle in a haystack because the transponders are not the same, and they may be configured differently such as DVB-S and DVB-S2.
There have been some improvements made to the average receiver's blind scan over the years including an increase in speed and a reduction the receiver locking or hanging during a blind scan.
I think some of my other receivers blind scan better than any of the Ali receivers that I have but none of the receivers that I have will blind scan everything that is available every time.
Hopefully the blind scan routine will be improved soon, but I expect it to be the latter part of 2013 or even 2014 before we see a vast improvement in the way our receivers blind scan.

Some people that feed hunt do not use blind scan much. They have a good transponder table loaded in the receiver and they do a transponder scan instead of a blind scan.

Logging the stream from the satellite may be another good way to find things that are difficult or impossible to find by doing a scan of any type. The best blind scanning receiver cannot find a transponder or its channels unless information about these items is sent to the receiver. EB