Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    FAC.Optibox.RAPTOR.v2.10.57
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Installing the new FAC.Optibox.RAPTOR.v2.10.57 loads so much faster than the last Euro version.

It also seems to have a time calibration that pops up on lcd display on every boot. Didn't know we had a time calibration problem.

KFTL on 72 KU still takes a few minutes to lock in. Just an observation.

Not complaining; always happy to see a new firmware release.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Installation speed will depend on what all has been changed between the last version that is in the receiver and the version that is being loaded. If you had 10.52 already in the receiver, then 10.57 will not take long to load because there are not many changes in the two firmwares.

The time calibration is a good thing. The receiver is trying to make sure the time is set as accurately as possible, but it does not really help those that run the time in manual.
    It would be nice if they would add an internet time option instead of depending on the transponders for the correct time.

The problem with KFTL on 72 West can be seen in firmware that is over a year old. I do not expect that problem to ever get fixed but it does not hurt to wish.

Overall, I enjoy the performance of the Raptor very much but it would be nice to see some things improved in our part of the world. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can always adjust the time calibration per satellite in the satellite menu.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apsattv View Post
    You can always adjust the time calibration per satellite in the satellite menu.
    Where is the setting for this? I must be blind because I cannot find it.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    In satellite search , Time Calibration options are Simple , OFF, Full

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know about the other Raptor owners but I am not impressed with it. I loaded the new firmware and still have all the issues I had with the original firmware the receiver had when purchased new. The Raptor still hangs up when deleting encrypted Service 1,2,3, ect channels, the AMI Access Channel # 1 on 107.3 W and the NUVO channel on 105.0 W still causes the receiver to hang up.

mengram
    11 ft solid fiberglass BUD and 24' Von Weise Actuator, ESX242 dual C-band lnbf, 10 ft Channel Master TVRO Solid BUD and 24" Thompson-Saganaw Actuator, ESX242 dual C-band lnbf, 8 ft mesh BUD, ESX242 dual C-band lnbf, (2) 36 inch Geosat Pro KU Dishes, both have SG6000 motors, Invacom QPH-031, JSC322-2 dual KU lnb, DSR922 Motorola 4Dtv, Amiko Alien2, (2) Optibox Raptors, Eyebox X5, Pansat 9500 HDX, (2) Openbox S9 fta receivers, Manhattan-1933, & Geosat Pro HDVR 3500 22inch directtv slimline (will be using as a stationary dish). 52 inch LG Plasma, 47 inch LG 3D, Smart TV, 32 inch Coby LCD televisions. LOS 55.0W to 139.0W

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you perform a a reset to factory defaults?

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did the reset to factory default after I installed the new firmware and got stuck in PAL mode. It took about an hour to get out of that, had to reload the previous firmware version in order to see the menu settings. IMO, there should be a button on the remote to change between Pal and NTSC because you can't see the menu to change which mode it's in if you have a black screen. I also tried hooking it up to an older tv and all I could get then was a rolling screen (it rolled so fast I could not read the menu options).
    I hope Optibox will get these issues worked out because I like the receiver having twin S2 tuners (no need for a switch which is one less headache).

mengram
    11 ft solid fiberglass BUD and 24' Von Weise Actuator, ESX242 dual C-band lnbf, 10 ft Channel Master TVRO Solid BUD and 24" Thompson-Saganaw Actuator, ESX242 dual C-band lnbf, 8 ft mesh BUD, ESX242 dual C-band lnbf, (2) 36 inch Geosat Pro KU Dishes, both have SG6000 motors, Invacom QPH-031, JSC322-2 dual KU lnb, DSR922 Motorola 4Dtv, Amiko Alien2, (2) Optibox Raptors, Eyebox X5, Pansat 9500 HDX, (2) Openbox S9 fta receivers, Manhattan-1933, & Geosat Pro HDVR 3500 22inch directtv slimline (will be using as a stationary dish). 52 inch LG Plasma, 47 inch LG 3D, Smart TV, 32 inch Coby LCD televisions. LOS 55.0W to 139.0W

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    A few nice things to get out of Pal mode easy.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

click click b00m

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    hello Gents
    I tough the pal mode issue was resolved and also included the NA satellite list, or maybe I miss understood the EB review on this box.
    Vip3R -I try the first link and it won't let me see it, i guess I do not have enough privileges.
    Regards.
    Chewie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast