Thread: Skybox F3

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Skybox F3
    Guest Guest
    Just received my new Skybox F3 receiver today and it's not quite like the s12 at all. First it's black and not white like my s12. It's also much larger- 9" x 6" whereas the s12 is 6" x 4". On the front panel we have a power button, menu, ok, usb, card slot and cursor. On the rear we have rs232, component and composite cable slots, ethernet and hdmi. Included with the receiver was an hdmi cable and the power cord is suited for North America so I don't have to buy an adapter like I had to with the s12 and s9. I'm going to attach this receiver first to my ku setup and then c band, I'll post anything that comes up. Finally, I plan on doing this with the virgin file that is on the receiver- I haven't plugged it in yet but if I don't have a North American channel list then I will input all that info manually:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    the alieditor should work with it using the default script.ini file.I think the sat/channel list is bigger than normal file size.
    As always,back up the original firmware first before loading anything.
    or am I being obtuse?

3. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Thanks dr.zin but I'm keeping this stb virgin for the moment. After initial scans of Telstar 12 at 15w and Hispasat 1c,d,e at 30w this receivers blind scan is even faster then the s12- blind scan of those 2 sats were under 2 minutes. The menu has been revamped and is quite user friendly. The only issue I've had thus far is the component slots do not work- using hdmi and what do you expect for the $48 price tag.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    the rs232 loader is strange,the support files (eromclient.abs and sdram.ini) are actually for the 3606 processor and not the 3601.The loader 2.0.0f may or may not work for saving individual chunks to pc or for loading,since it has no discrete support files and is meant for the 3602 based receivers.There are a couple of spanish programs that will dissect the .abs files into the individual chunks.Theoretically you could remove a chunk and replace a chunk manually.The mst firmware tool was designed for the openbox s9/s10 and is useless for this firmware.The bootloader is 2x the normal size so the app area starts at a higher address.The loader 2.0.0f may work on a good working receiver,we need some pioneer to test that theory.
    or am I being obtuse?

5. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Sorry dr.zin but I'm not that pioneer. This receiver was purchased solely for true fta feeds because of its blind scan speed, it will eventually end up as my main c band feed hunter.
    The receiver booted in Pal so I had to break out my old dinosaur tv I use outdoors for fine tuning. Just scanning my last Atlantic sat at 61w and heading to Amc6 at 72w.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got my s10 and it had a euro sat list.
    I tried loading an american sat list and promptly killed the receiver.
    I spent the rest of the day trying to revive it with the so called recovery loaders at that time,which were either incomplete or just the wrong rev of loader.
    The euro channel lists are posted as 4meg full firmware,so I don't know what the deal is.Either you can't save a channel list via usb or people don't know how.
    or am I being obtuse?

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    the x3 has an american sat list.
    The ibox(which is similar to the f3) has fresh firmware released 2 days ago but has no user sat list just the default euro one.
    or am I being obtuse?

8. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    F3 came equipped with full European sat list. To this point I have changed 12 of those sats to NA list- deleting all tp along the way.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    tedious
    If any pioneers want the ibox firmware I can upload it
    or am I being obtuse?

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    the f3,x3,ibox userdb files are all the same size,1179776
    I extracted the file from the x3 firmware and pasted it into the ibox firmware.
    I opened the ibox firmware in alieditor and the userdata showed the new sat list,I saved that as the default list in the .abs
    Yumy in the past had new firmware about 1 week before the other sites,so maybe f3/x3 will have new firmware next week or so.
    or am I being obtuse?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast