Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Alien 2 status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Did anyone get their hands on this box yet? How does it compare to the Raptor?

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob311 View Post
    Did anyone get their hands on this box yet? How does it compare to the Raptor?
    It should be out later this month..production is going on now..I don't no anyone who has one to test. they made changes after the first run and they were not happy with it.

I will be curious to see how the blind scan performs,,

I would not expect it to be in the same class as the Raptors features / Hardware and performance.

click click b00m

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ViP3R View Post
    It should be out later this month..production is going on now..I don't no anyone who has one to test. they made changes after the first run and they were not happy with it.

I will be curious to see how the blind scan performs,,

I would not expect it to be in the same class as the Raptors features / Hardware and performance.
    And yet on the other "site" you would almost believe that it will cook breakfast for you.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eastof111 View Post
    And yet on the other "site" you would almost believe that it will cook breakfast for you.

LOL, I'm not surprised at that at all. Contrary to popular belief on other fantasy sites...LegitFTA brought the original Alien to NA and we announced this first..Easy to see on timeline posts..lol.

I will say I was fooled by the Telesat magazine article where they listed the specs of it as having blind scan and to my disappointed it did not exist..
    In the EU blind scan is not something they use very much at all.

Any new boxes we bring here will be fully tested first to assure they meet our standards of what we all look for..that includes speed/performance and support.

And, if they can cook us up some breakfast even better....lol

click click b00m

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haha cool ya I like the looks of this Optibox. I would like to replace my Openbox here someday with something better before it breaks as I have been abusing it for over a year.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you heard anything new other than what is on the other site?

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eastof111 View Post
    Have you heard anything new other than what is on the other site?
    No, have not heard to much on this as yet..I don't really know who has one right now apart from the telesat magazine guy's who did the great write up,,lol.. but of course they are paid to say great things...My distributor does not have one yet, he did say he would ship me one to test, so we shall see.

I still firmly believe the Raptor even right now will still blow it away, and hopefully soon the Anaconda and Gekko as well.

click click b00m

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like the other site is shipping their A2s. From their posted test on blind scan it doesn't seem to be much faster than the Raptor.

Their test:

Quote....
    For speed and accuracy tests I used G19/97W Ku. Same Hotdish90/Avenger PLL setup as the other day. The HD-8240 & Traxis DBS-6000 numbers are from that testing. In fairness, I think a few more channels were added, that is why Alien2 found more than HD-8240.

Amiko Alien2
    3 minutes, 5 seconds. 282 video, 149 audio

Amiko HD-8240
    4 minutes, 7 seconds. 278 video, 148 audio.

Traxis DBS-6000
    6 minutes, 10 seconds. 268 video, 148 audio.
    Unquote-------------------------------------------------------------

So, I checked the blind scan test I did on 97 ku last week, the times are pretty much identical. I did a FTA ONLY which takes longer vs. their full scan which logs anything with a signal.

From their description it sounds like the Raptor with a spectrum analyzer in their blind scan display; plus they seem to be having firmware problems also.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The transponders on 97W ku are well defined and have high Symbol Rates. This ku satellite is easy to scan, but how good is the Alien2 on satellites with transponder that have low symbol rates?

The Raptor is looking for transponders with a SR 999 and up. This takes extra time when compared to a receiver that is looking for transponders with a SR of 1500 or 2000 and up. I doubt the Alien2 is looking for low SR transponders right now because I could not get the Alien1 to lock on low symbol rate transponders.

There have not been any real advances in satellite blind scan technology for a while. Right now, faster blind scan speeds usually result in missed channels or transponders. I expect some advances to be made in satellite blind scan, but it will probably be late in 2013 or 2014 before we see them.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    In my post above, I was joking by saying "almost believe that it will cook breakfast for you". Reading the review in Tele-Sat magazine they say it also uses the Spark application. One of the Spark apps allows you to order pizza or other take out items. Of course, you have to live in Europe to have it delivered.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast