Thread: Openbox S16

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    try this dr zin go load your modden bin your self go look at the info screen its just about the same as costacts picture so some how the modded bin from april has the same info screen and you saying it might have been from a german fta? its didnt take me but a second to go load the modded bin and saw the same stuff as the info screen on costacts shot

now dr zin is right 2 different chips so i dont think you could load this bin cause its for a s 10/9

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    using a different pc right now,loading the bin would be tedious.
    or am I being obtuse?

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    the maldives site would never mention where the firmware came from and clammed up after I asked.
    or am I being obtuse?

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    to bad this open box s 16 is not up to par maybe they who ever they are will improve it with new firmware for this box.

what ever the reason somone modded a s 10 firmware and made it like it is it does when loaded on my s9 show the info screen just like the open box s 16 and this box does blind scan well has the 2 types of blind scan like the open box s9/10 but i can choose to blindscan just h or just v or both...

can the s 16 let you blind scan either h or v?

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    why would you blindscan just one polarity?
    that defeats the purpose of blindscan.
    A better feature would be being able to manually type in ranges of freqs to scan,like the old coolsats.
    or am I being obtuse?

6. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TunaDude View Post
    to bad this open box s 16 is not up to par maybe they who ever they are will improve it with new firmware for this box.

what ever the reason somone modded a s 10 firmware and made it like it is it does when loaded on my s9 show the info screen just like the open box s 16 and this box does blind scan well has the 2 types of blind scan like the open box s9/10 but i can choose to blindscan just h or just v or both...

can the s 16 let you blind scan either h or v?
    It's accurate and auto scan do both polarities. I'm so impressed with this receiver that I've already pulled the plug. Carlos if your paying attention to this thread then I would suggest investing in a Skybox F3 receiver, do not waste your money on the s16.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would load the latest firmware and try again.
    Original factory firmware is rarely any good.
    or am I being obtuse?

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    there are other m3606 based receivers out there,I would try their firmware.
    The s16 firmware isn't encrypted,which allows for some custom tweaks.
    or am I being obtuse?

9. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.zin View Post
    I would load the latest firmware and try again.
    Original factory firmware is rarely any good.
    Which would be the latest one?

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    dr. zin you asked me

why would you blindscan just one polarity?
    that defeats the purpose of blindscan.
    A better feature would be being able to manually type in ranges of freqs to scan,like the old coolsats

Answer.

The reason is time! blindscan time is important to not waste time in waiting.!

If you could speed up the blind scan speed it takes on certain ku sats by having the option to choose blind scan h only then blind scan v only it would speed up the over all time it takes in your blind scan time.

less time wasting on ku sats with dead space means less time over all in the blind scan on the sats so instead of blind scanning and waiting for the open box to blind scan both polaritys no matter what on every sat were wasting time! time saved means more FEEDS!

here are some examples from my sats i hit and will benfit in less time by having the option of blindscaning h or v and both.

72w ku usual time blind scan regular openbox both polarity around 5 minutes (waste time on h transponder here)

72w ku using modded bin open box choose v only blind scan time 2 minutes! dont need h on 72w so i saved 3 minutes!

83w ku (rtn sat ku) again around five or 6 minutes blindscan time regular openbox firmware

83w modded bin choose h only 1 minute 25 seconds hardly ever any v trransponder active on the v side of 83w

so 5 or 6 minutes waiting for the open box to go throuhg the h and then the v can at times make you miss a some feeds and since the v is a waste on 83w why blind scan it!

another time saver for me was 91w ku this sat has many feeds at times and also because of the canadain broadcaster it slows it down in over all blind scan speed having to wait for it to finish the h side and those 6 tp id get in the 12345h range and up which were bleed over from the circualr gaint on my linear lnb would slow down the scan

blindscan time was from 5 to 6 or more minutes on 91w ku using the regular open box blind scan.

using the modded bin id blind scan the h side first once it hit the first canadain tp i knew there were no more in linear exited and blind scanned the v side also till i hit the first tp from canada exit and wala instead of taking more than five minutes it took all of 2 minutes and 40 seconds did it again this way also 2 minutes 38 seconds on 91 w ku

so this option of either blindscaning in h or v saves time. scan h or v tp will save time in blind scanning over all on 72w ku 83w ku 91wku also 95w ku and 105w ku 95w dont have v's and 105w dont have hardly ever an h transponder those to also save me over 2 minutes but since i dont get to much on 105w and 95w ku i wrote it here.

so 72 83 91 95 105 ku band saves me time by having the option to choose one or the other in a blindscan and once you know your sats like the h side instead of wating and waitng for it to go v and you know there is not gonna be another h feed exit out change to v only re blind scan finish save time find more channels!

i know a mouthful dr z but thats is why i like the modded bin for the open box s9 it saves blind scan time! by having the option to blind scan in either h or v and of course using the option to scan both polarity like on some sats i choose both 103w ku 99w ku as examples those have both h and v active.. but again you could choose the h first then v second and save time on 103w ku to once you know about the cut off of any more h side feeds etc!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast