Thread: Openbox S16

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    with blindscan you don't know what is going to be on the sat,like wildfeeds.
    hence the name blindscan.
    To speed up scanning I use a standard ku linear lnb,which blindscans from 11700 to 12750,which is faster than
    using a universal lnb that was designed for use in europe anyway.They are cheaper so were bundled with dish sales.
    Like mentioned previously,I would rather see the option to manually enter the freqs.Like 11700 to 12200 range both v and h
    or am I being obtuse?

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    theoretically I could blindscan with my coolsat,then write down what it finds and manually enter into the openbox.
    It would miss the hd feeds though.And it has a tendency to screw up my motor.
    or am I being obtuse?

3. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    I flashed my s16 with the latest file posted by dr.zin:

openboxs162.6.rar

One thing to note is that it boots in pal but getting back to ntsc is a piece of cake. Sat list is from 5-61w so you'll need to make changes accordingly. Unfortunately audio and video info hasn't been addressed which puzzles me since all other openbox and skybox receivers had this feature automatically.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    supposedly v2.7 is out,will try to grab it when it appears on euro sites
    or am I being obtuse?

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys I'm an old C Band and FTA user and have gotten out of it for a couple of years.I have a coolsat 8100 and 6000, a soncview 360 Elite and an NFusion Pheonix. I would like to get back into it and would like to know what is the best way to proceed. I not crazy about using a dongle over the intrenet. What do you think is the best way to go in 2013 for free tv.
    Thank you
    Regards
    Brian

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    For Free TV, you would be best to get that C-Band dish up an running along with KU as a plus ideally..

We don't do the dongle thing or anything illegal here..There are thousands of channels to see with the right set up and no need to steal what is free.

The boxes you listed are not very good for FTA..You need a box that does DVS-S2 HD to take advantage of all the real free channels.

We have many threads here on the various boxes that work very nice..

Please look around and feel free to ask on anything you might not be sure about....

click click b00m

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is the S16 receiver compatiable with the Dish 1000.2 dish

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    the dish you have is small for real fta but it is made for dish network stuff on 110 119 but the s 16 could hit 110 119 circular like the dish you have if you aimed at it and your s 16 can be set to hit those circular type lnb but the only thing you would see on the s 16 is the one preview channel everything else is scrambled !

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234