Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboPirate View Post
    Almost a month and loving my Skybox, what I don't really like is the remote control signal, you have to aim directly to STB for comands to take effect, reminds me the CaptiveWorks remote control, other than that, I love this mini receiver.
    I feel exactly the same way. I love this little box, except for the remote control signal. I'm even using it more than my $249 Optibox Anaconda.

I now might purchase the Skybox M3.

2. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Lightning fast blind scan is why I purchased the s12 f3 version for my other feed. Still waiting for it to arrive, it's been 13 days now.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    s12 and f3 are two different receivers
    or am I being obtuse?

4. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    If I understood correctly the f3 version has a usable rs232 port and composite and component cables can also be used. The other version is equipped with Euro type scart.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep I saw images of that receiver Costa, and it does have the normal RS232 Component cables and few other stuff.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SatelliteGuy View Post
    I feel exactly the same way. I love this little box, except for the remote control signal. I'm even using it more than my $249 Optibox Anaconda.

I now might purchase the Skybox M3.
    If you are using the S12 more than the Anaconda then you probably should have never bought the Anaconda.
    The S12 does not have many features so it makes no sense to buy an Anaconda and pay for internet, network, media and other premium features if you are not going to use them. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    If I understood correctly the f3 version has a usable rs232 port and composite and component cables can also be used. The other version is equipped with Euro type scart.
    and a different processor,
    3601 dual core
    or am I being obtuse?

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    If you are using the S12 more than the Anaconda then you probably should have never bought the Anaconda.
    The S12 does not have many features so it makes no sense to buy an Anaconda and pay for internet, network, media and other premium features if you are not going to use them. EB
    I haven't used the Skybox S12 in over a week. I'm now using the Openbox S9 which I still feel is one of the best receivers out there.

The Optibox Ananconda needs to fix "basic" functions such as blind scan before I begin using it again. I also didn't purchase the Optibox Anaconda for the internet, network and media features. I purchased it for it's onscreen graphics, memory and video quality which are excellent.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello guys, I forgot to mention in this test a second SAT I have in the diseq switch port #2, Hispasat, I remember now because a friend of mine is telling me this skybox is not HD, it only has HD output, but my evidense is that with pansat SD 3500 I scan a few channels on Hispasat and with Skybox I scannes channels listed in lyngsat as HD. I think he is trying his receiver with sats that have turbo hd and that is why he thinks the receiver is not HD. Anyway I am enjoying of a couple channels that with SD receivers not even the TP showed quality. Long live the SKYBOX.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    TurboPirate, do you experience any problems when using a 22KHz switch in addition to a Diseqc switch?

I just hooked my Skybox S12 back up today and the more I use it the more I love it. I'm thinking about purchasing the Skybox M3 receiver as well.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast