Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by carlospr43 View Post
    Okeedokee, I see it after I posted. Is there anyway we can merge both Skybox 12 post actually open?? They are almost related to the same thing
    The skybox file is under Openbox files.. they are the same..So we just use Openbox 9,10,12 discussions and files..

click click b00m

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SatelliteGuy View Post
    I loaded this file last night on my S12, but using it scanned in duplicate channels on SES2 C band. I then loaded the original firmware and the problem went away.
    Every time I load a file all channels get delete, after boot I have to re do the settings and re scan channels.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SatelliteGuy View Post
    I loaded this file last night on my S12, but using it scanned in duplicate channels on SES2 C band. I then loaded the original firmware and the problem went away.
    Every time I load a file channels are gone, I have to re scan all sats, re do all settings......Don't know why this happened to you.........

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can save your channels and settings to usb, then you can restore them after changing firmware files.

There are a bunch of files out there that will work on the Openbox receivers. The ones that worked the best for us are posted here.

I have loaded at least 50 different files since the Openbox came out as a Solomend. For the past year, most of the files have done about the same in scanning and features. A few features have been added to some of the last files, and there have not been any new Openbox files since the end of 2011.

The Openbox S12 has a bit more memory than the S9. You can remove the cover on the S12 and get the chip numbers to verify this. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Turbo
    Send me a PM , i think I can help you with details instructions as to how to do a dump copy and/or a TP/Sat back up so you can load them back once you update the firmware

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you save the userdb with rs232 then use mst firmware tool to import into new firmware,after you load it picks up on the channel you were previously watching.You may have to do a few minor tweaks after that,like time zone.
    or am I being obtuse?

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    The Openbox S12 has a bit more memory than the S9. You can remove the cover on the S12 and get the chip numbers to verify this. EB
    probably not being utilized,if the firmware is just s10 firmware.
    the s9 serial loader is based on 128meg of ram,according to the .ini and eromclient.abs files.
    One of the loader packages you actually had to choose the files based on processor type,ram size,flash type.
    or am I being obtuse?

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    actually,the mst firmware tool lets you import the tp_prog.dbs into the new firmware before you load it.
    A few tweaks are needed afterward,like time zone and language.
    or am I being obtuse?

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlospr43 View Post
    Hey Turbo
    Send me a PM , i think I can help you with details instructions as to how to do a dump copy and/or a TP/Sat back up so you can load them back once you update the firmware
    As soon as I get to a computer I'll PM you, with cel phone it's almost impossible to send PM. Thanks TURBO

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Almost a month and loving my Skybox, what I don't really like is the remote control signal, you have to aim directly to STB for comands to take effect, reminds me the CaptiveWorks remote control, other than that, I love this mini receiver.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast