Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I have a Kingston DataTraveler G3 4GB stick, the only files are the uImage and root files from the E2 file I downloaded here. I tried re-flashing the boot loader 6.46 file, also downloaded from here, but no change.

I never had any problems with displaying PAL video from any device before, and when I had E2 working (or at least booting) the first time, I had no problem with the composite output, once I got it to use the composite output instead of HDMI. But the problem with the HDMI output really didn't look like a format problem. It had flashing lines down one side of the screen, like the video memory was being overwritten with garbage.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK.
    Let's see if we can get the Optibox part working again.

Unplug the Gekko and remove the Kingston usb. Then plug the Gekko back up and see if it powers up in Optibox.

After the Gekko has rebooted and is running Optibox software, upload the file that is attached here, unzip it and put it on a known good fat32 usb stick By Itself. Do not have any other files on the stick besides this one.
    Insert the usb stick into the receiver, wait 15 seconds then push the red remote button. Hopefully Optibox video will be restored within 5 minutes. EB
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have any problem getting back into the Optibox firmware with full functionality, as long as the USB stick is unplugged. Sometimes I have to reboot once after a failed attempt at loading E2, but then I get the Optibox firmware back. The problem was that I couldn't get E2 to even attempt to load anymore for some reason. The problem I mentioned about it booting into the Optibox firmware but without any video was only if I was trying to boot E2.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMO, the best thing to do is wait until more information is available for E2.
    New Optibox firmware for the Gekko should be available soon. Fortis has already upgraded other receivers that are similar to the Gekko, but it is unknown if these updates will make the blind scan faster.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got E2 booting again. I had tried formatting the USB stick on my computer and then copying the files from the archive to it to start fresh, with the results as in my previous message. But then, running the Optibox firmware, I noticed that it didn't recognize the USB stick at all! I don't know why, because I'm sure I formatted it to FAT32 on the computer. But I formatted it to FAT32 with the Optibox instead, and it obviously recognized it then. So I tried E2 again, no go. I realized that the Optibox probably hadn't formatted it as bootable. I couldn't find any way in Windows 7 to format it as bootable either, so I resorted to using a Linux utility to set the boot flag. Then it worked! I have E2 back up and running, at least as far as I did before. It can still only use the composite output, and can't change it from PAL, because I still get no output whatsoever from the HDMI no matter what resolution I change it to. (Which is strange, because when it boots up I get the Team Ducktales Enigma2 splash screen via the HDMI output, albeit with the video noise I wrote about before.)

I ran the setup wizard this time, and then uploaded a North American satellite file. I got it to do a transponder scan of 97W Ku. (There doesn't appear to be any way to do a blind scan.) Then I tried a scan of 125W Ku, and despite being sure I had set up everything correctly, for some reason it scanned 99W instead! I haven't had time to figure out what's wrong there. Next time, I think I'm going to try uploading a satellite file with only Ku-band satellites. When I generated the file via the website I posted earlier, I had it generate it with C and Ku, but I think that's confusing the box, having two satellites at the same position, because even though the selection dialog only lists the satellites as C-band, the scan dialog says Ku-band.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12