Thread: WebZeal File

1. Collapse Details
    WebZeal File
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Where can I get a copy of the WebZeal file for the Optibox Anaconda HD receiver? I found the install guide, but I can't find the file.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Look in the link for the lates version of WebZeal. I think most wireless keyboards and mouses are supported in this version.

Let us know if you have any issues with it. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you! I'll try using it tonight.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tried loading this file per the new instructions several times with no luck. Do you need a certain size flash drive and does it need to be formatted NTFS, FAT, FAT32, etc?

I tried everything! One document said you need a .mnt file and the new document said you need a .tar.bz.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look at 2.7 WebZeal file and it will say .tar.bz.
    It will be easier to load it as a plugin.

To load a plugin, you need an usb stick formatted to fat 32. The usb stick should be Kingston or other good quality stick. We also recommend 100MB minimum.

Unzip 2.7 and install it on the usb. Turn on the receiver and insert the stick into the receiver's usb port. A pop-up window should appear in about 30 seconds after the stick is installed in the receiver. Press the red remote button to install, per instructions in the pop-up window.

If you do not get a pop-up window after inserting the usb stick, use the rear rocker switch to reboot the receiver. Then wait until you have a tv picture and insert the usb stick. EB

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, I'll try it again tonight.

I formatted a 350MB flash drive using FAT32 and copied the .tar.bz file to it. When I placed it into the front USB port of the receiver it said "USB device connected", but no pop-up appeared listing the file. I'll try it again tonight using the rear rocker switch.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SatelliteGuy View Post
    Thank you, I'll try it again tonight.

I formatted a 350MB flash drive using FAT32 and copied the .tar.bz file to it. When I placed it into the front USB port of the receiver it said "USB device connected", but no pop-up appeared listing the file. I'll try it again tonight using the rear rocker switch.

Just loaded this morning and working great..this is the file you want..[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

click click b00m

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ViP3R View Post
    Just loaded this morning and working great..this is the file you want..[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    This file worked, but it wasn't as easy as simply plugging in the USB flash drive. I had to go into the menus to mount the drive before it discovered the file.

Question:
    How do I add a wireless keyboard and mouse if the back USB port is being used by the recording hard drive and the front USB port is being used by the USB flash drive containing the WebZeal file? I must be missing something.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are two ways to add WebZeal.

1. Download, unzip and install the mountable version of WebZeal on a suitable usb stick. Insert the stick into the receiver and mount the file.
    The plus side of doing a file mount WebZeal is the User Memory is not disturbed so you have more room for other plugins or addons.
    The minus side of file mounting WebZeal is one usb port has to be occupied while running the program.

2. Install WebZeal as a regular plugin. There is a file available to do this on this site.
    The plus side of installing WebZeal as a regular plugin is it is always available, and it frees up one usb port.
    The minus side of installing WebZeal as a regular plugin is it takes up the majority of space that is allocated for plugins in the receiver.

How to install both types of WebZeal may be found in the How To section. The files needed to install either one these two types of WebZeal are posted in the files section. EB