Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Networking With the Optibox Raptor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Networking Capability is one reason I bought the Optibox Raptor. I have been wanting a fta receiver that can record and store a reasonable amount of tv programs. My Raptor has high speed record capability and a decent amount of storage area with an internal WD 1 tb hard drive installed. Now we need to connect it to other devices so the Raptor's hard drive can be shared

I wanted to connect the Raptor to a desktop computer that has a decent sized hd monitor plus two other computers. Video and other files will need to be transferred between all of these computers. This setup may sound complicated but it is real easy to do.

The Raptor's Ethernet is connected to a wireless router that is configured as an access point. The rest of the computers in the system are connected to the access point using wireless connections. FileZilla is installed on all of the computers, which gives all of the computers access to the Raptor's hard drives.

This networking system has not been running long, but I have tested it and I am very pleased with the way it performs. All three computers have been connected to the Raptor at the same time without problems. Simultaneous file transfers between two computers and the Raptor have taken place without any issues.

Transfer speed in this network varies. I have seen transfer speeds as high as 3.0MB with a computer that is close to the Raptor, and speeds as low as 68KB between the Raptor and the computer that is located about 500 feet away from the Raptor.

Having a receiver that can do these kind of things is great. The Raptor has an excellent blind scan and produces one of the best hd pictures I have seen. But I bought it to do more than just to scan and watch tv. I wanted a receiver that is packed with features and the Raptor has them!

More on this as it progresses.

I would also like to say Thanks to eastof111 who has been helping with the networking issues and for finding some channel editors that work on the network. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    EB...

You can also use your web browser and type:

ftp://root:@192.168.x.x and a menu for a pw will pop up.

Afterwards you will have a nice gui of the directories. If you go to the storage directory and select an HD or USB1 etc., then double click on the TS file, a popup will ask if you want to save to your PC or play with Media Player. At least that's the way my PC is configured. Other PCs may be different. Media player will only play the TS file if you have the appropriate codecs installed on your computer.

Still learning.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very Good!

Now we need to find a media player and the proper codecs that can be uploaded here and at other sites. Got any ideas on that?

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ms Media Player should work. For free codecs do a google for K-lite codec pack. For better codecs you will have to purchase separately. I am sure some others can come up with some.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mods... not sure if I can post this url, if not please delete.

This website is for free codecs.

hxxp://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can anyone help me? I am trying to access my storage folder for recorded movies and for some reason when I try to[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ftp or www into the Raptor it won't list where the files are stored on the internal 1g hard [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]drive.[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are looking in the wrong folder!

Look in STORAGE/HDD/Recordings/

You can also download and install FileZilla. This is a free program that can be found with a Google search.

The web interface plugin also has options for transferring recorded files. You may find the web interface plugin in the link listed below.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    EB-
    When I use that path (either web or ftp path) it requires a password. I've tried leaving it blank, using root, using anonymous and it refuses to change to that directory.
    Is there a password that I haven't tried or maybe it is a setting it my wireless router it connects to? I've also tried Filezilla with the same result. - It refuses to see STORAGE/HDD/Recordings/
    Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.
    Bob

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Loging for FileZilla. (All characters are lower case.)

Username = root
    Password = root

Let us know if it does not work.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks EB.
    That worked. I needed to delete /root and replace with /STORAGE as well as use the PW and User root.
    Bob

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast