Full HD Digital Satellite Receiver & Media Player

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

MAIN FEATURES

Supports MPEG4 /MPEG2 - HD/SD and Fully DVB-S2 /DVB-S Compliant
Intelligent Blind Scan for both SD and HD TV & Multi-Satellite Search
Multi-LNB Controlled by DiSEqC Control Version 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 and USALS
HDTV PVR Receiver ( H.264/ MPEG4 HD )
Embedded Linux OS
Time Shifting, Recording & Playback with External HDD (USB 2.0)
Simultaneously Records of Services and allows Watching 2 others (PIP)
Powerful Extended EPG supports and Event Recording
Two USB 2.0 Host ports (MP3 Player & JPEG Viewer)
Xvid file play back supported
Ethernet port Supported
On-Screen Display with Full Color & Resolution
Favorite Groups
Powerful Service List Manager for Favorites, Lock, Skip, Move, Edit and Delete
Service Sorting by Alphabet, Transponder and CAS
User Friendly & Multi-language Supported (OSD & Menu)
Teletext / Subtitle Supported
Maximum 10,000 Services(TV & Radio) Programmable
Picture-in-Picture (PIP) & Multi-picture Display
Parental Lock / System Lock / Installation Lock
HDMI Video & Audio Output (576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p)
CVBS(composite) Video & Audio Output via RCA
CVBS, RGB, Video & Audio Output via TV SCART
Optical Output for Digital Audio(SPDIF)
Software & Service channel Database upgrade via USB & RS-232C port
1 Smart card reader and 2 Common Interface Slots
1W Stand-by Power Consumption

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]Tuner & Channel Decoder
Input Connector: F-type, IEC 169-24, Female
Loop through out: F-type, IEC 169-24, Female
Frequency Range: 950MHz ~ 2150MHz
Input Impedance: 75Ohm, unbalanced
Signal Level: -65 to -25dBm
LNB Power: 13/18VDC, max.400mA
22KHz Tone: (22

satcrazy
02-27-2012, 01:47 PM
I totally give up on getting this box. I searched hi, and low, all over the Internet for any place that ships this box to the U.S, nothing !!!!!!. The only box I found was the Amiko alien , sold on eBay by some merchant in Greece .

ViP3R
02-27-2012, 02:38 PM
I totally give up on getting this box. I searched hi, and low, all over the Internet for any place that ships this box to the U.S, nothing !!!!!!. The only box I found was the Amiko alien , sold on eBay by some merchant in Greece .

We should have a NA place to buy from pretty soon. we will post when the info is available..This is the one I would like as well.

02-27-2012, 03:15 PM
I'd like to put the anaconda on a test drive and see how it compares to my blind scanning receivers I'm using now and its tuner sensitivity.

el bandido
02-27-2012, 06:21 PM
I do not know for certain, but maybe some information on where to buy the Anaconda will be available later this week.
The Raptor boots in PAL. This can be very frustrating if your tv does not understand PAL. I imagine the Anaconda boots in Pal too.
IMO, The Anaconda and Raptor really need to boot in NTSC before they are sold here on a large scale. What would be nice but is not really needed is a North American satellite file. EB

ViP3R
02-27-2012, 06:41 PM
I do not know for certain, but maybe some information on where to buy the Anaconda will be available later this week.
The Raptor boots in PAL. This can be very frustrating if your tv does not understand PAL. I imagine the Anaconda boots in Pal too.
IMO, The Anaconda and Raptor really need to boot in NTSC before they are sold here on a large scale. What would be nice but is not really needed is a North American satellite file. EB

That was what I forgot to ask you...Does the Raptor use the same sat.xml file format for sat lists as the Alien?

el bandido
02-27-2012, 08:26 PM
That was what I forgot to ask you...Does the Raptor use the same sat.xml file format for sat lists as the Alien?

Unfortunately, No.
As posted in the review thread, the Raptor uses a FDU format. I could not find a free editor that worked for the Raptor so I bought one from Setedit.

Jim S.
03-04-2012, 01:21 PM
I'm also interested in the Anaconda, as the Alien doesn't have blind scan and the Raptor is too expensive if you don't need two tuners.

Am I correct in assuming that the Anaconda operates identically to the Raptor except for the second tuner?

There's a guy selling the Anaconda on ebay for what I would consider an appropriate price, but not only is he in Cyprus, he has zero feedback so far!

ViP3R
03-04-2012, 01:37 PM
I'm also interested in the Anaconda, as the Alien doesn't have blind scan and the Raptor is too expensive if you don't need two tuners.

Am I correct in assuming that the Anaconda operates identically to the Raptor except for the second tuner?

There's a guy selling the Anaconda on ebay for what I would consider an appropriate price, but not only is he in Cyprus, he has zero feedback so far!

This is correct Jim, the Anaconda will be same as the Raptor, just one tuner.

I bought my Alien from Cyprus ..I'm thinking it's just the same guy with a new store for the Anaconda.

ViP3R
03-04-2012, 01:49 PM
He has zero feedback so far, because he has not made a sale yet.. apart from me about a couple of hours ago..

el bandido
03-04-2012, 02:52 PM

I would not be afraid to buy from him. I feel certain this is the same people that I bought my Alien from.
If you pay with PayPal, you have additional protection as well. Let me know if you decide to get one, but remember that the Anaconda will probably boot in PAL, so you will have to deal with that. This is not a problem if you have a tv or monitor that works in PAL. Changing the Anaconda from PAL to NTSC is no big deal as long as you can see the menus to do it. EB

el bandido
03-04-2012, 03:13 PM
He has zero feedback so far, because he has not made a sale yet.. apart from me about a couple of hours ago..

Apparently you bought the only one he had because its gone now.

Nice to see some interest in the Anaconda. That Ebay ad was not up long at all. I am surprised it was noticed that fast. EB

ViP3R
03-04-2012, 03:23 PM
Apparently you bought the only one he had because its gone now.

Nice to see some interest in the Anaconda. That Ebay ad was not up long at all. I am surprised it was noticed that fast. EB

I noticed that once I checked out..

I hope there are no problems, using PayPal I'm not worried, and looking forward to testing this one.

satcrazy
03-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Hi guys, I found a guy in Germany, he has 100% feedback. I asked him and he told me that he shipped worldwide. You can find him on the German eBay, his name is cobra-sat-HDTV. I purchased the anaconda last night From him. Log in to eBay and ask him about shipping to the USA.

ViP3R
03-04-2012, 03:31 PM
Hi guys, I found a guy in Germany, he has 100% feedback. I asked him and he told me that he shipped worldwide. You can find him on the German eBay, his name is cobra-sat-HDTV. I purchased the anaconda last night From him. Log in to eBay and ask him about shipping to the USA.

I looked at last night as well... let us know how you make out...

satcrazy
03-04-2012, 03:39 PM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

el bandido
03-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Again, I am pleased to see the interest in the Optibox. But wait just a little bit and see what happens.
I have been told just a few minutes ago that the Optibox receivers will be available very soon for North America.

I asked for two changes on these receivers for the North American market. The first change was to boot in NTSC 480i instead of Pal. The second change was adding a North American satellite file. These requests have made it to the factory and now we are waiting to see what they say about them. I think what I have asked is fairly simple.

You can buy these receivers now wherever you can find them, but if you wait a little bit longer, I think you will get a better product and maybe a bit better price. EB

03-04-2012, 04:27 PM
I'm still holding out EB but have full intentions of testing one of these in the future.

el bandido
03-05-2012, 02:40 AM
Attached is the Optibox Anaconda User Manual. I suggest you read it before your new receiver arrives.
Congratulations on your new receiver. EB

satcrazy
03-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Thanks EB. I read the manual when I first read your reviews,I also went to YouTube and watched a few videos of the box.

By the way guys, EB was on the spot about waiting for this box to come to North America. Ordering from Europe is a little risky , because if you get a defective box, it will cost an arm and a leg to return it.but I felt a little comfortable with this guy from Germany, and this morning I got an email from DHL Germany with the tracking number, so hopefully so far, so good.

el bandido
03-05-2012, 05:58 PM
DHL From Germany? I would expect you to have the receiver early next week at the latest, providing customs is running smooth. I expect you to really enjoy the intelligent blind scan these receivers have.
I am really looking forward to other peoples input on these receivers. The big differences I see between the Anaconda and Raptor are the twin tuners and the Esata connection.
Twin tuners is fine for multi-dish systems, and I enjoy two tuners But I could get by fine with one tuner. Esata is a different story. IMO, we need esata drives for the hd recording. I have been real impressed with the Raptor's record capability, so I was a bit disappointed to see no esata support offered on the Anaconda. Maybe for some people, the best bet will be a single tuner Raptor?

There has not been an announcement from anybody telling us what the price will be for the Anaconda and the Raptor in North America. I really do not expect an announcement until some of the receivers are in North America and are ready to be shipped. Hopefully we will hear something later this week. EB

ViP3R
03-15-2012, 05:40 PM
My Anaconda arrived safe and sound today..Unfortunately I had to work extra hours today.. I have just hooked it up to my C-Band dish and added 55w and 58w then scanned..Yes Intelligent Blind Scan!

Watching NKK World in HD now. on 58w. So far I really like what I see! I hope to have more time tomorrow and over the weekend to get this puppy in full swing and post some screens and details.

LegitFTA-Shop will be selling the Anaconda and other models in the very near future.

An announcement will be made when the store is ready for business...We want to make sure these fine boxes are NA ready for everyone.

el bandido
03-15-2012, 06:00 PM
58W is a fun c band satellite to scan with the Raptor.
Congratulations and thanks for the announcement.
Upload a satellite file when you have time and let me see if any of my tools work on it.
Also, did the Anaconda boot in Pal? If it did, what did you do to correct it and how long did it take?

easily confused
03-15-2012, 06:46 PM
Glad to hear the box arrived Viper and awesome news that Legit will be selling these. Time to start saving the pennies for when they become available

satcrazy
03-29-2012, 03:46 PM
I got the anaconda 2 days ago. The picture quality on this box is beautifull.Very stable. I hooked up my WD passport external hard drive with absolutely no problem. I recorded 3 hd channel at once over night for 5 hours , and it played back with no problem.

I did noticed a problem in the blind scan, I need your feedback, please !!!!!!

The blind scan does not find any channels with a symbol rate lower than 2000. But if I enter the frequency manually it will lock on it no matter how low the symbol rate is. This applies to every satellite.

Please do a blind scan on your receivers and see if you can lock on any s SR below 2000.

The tuner on this box is very good, so I know this is software issue.

ViP3R
03-29-2012, 05:15 PM
satcrazy, I would love to try this for you, but....2 days after getting the box we had a wicked storm here, my dish was either hit or a big power surge from a transformer that blew up and caught on fire just a block away from my house, took out my C-Band lnb as well..on top of that my basement was flooded...blahh

It is being examined to see what happened.. EB has the Raptor and these have the same software so perhaps he will check this for you.

btw did you load the new file with the NTSC boot fix and NA Sat list. [Only registered and activated users can see links]

el bandido
03-29-2012, 05:22 PM
My Optibox Raptor blind scans transponder Symbol Rates (SR) down to 999. So it is scanning well below 2000.
What transponders have you had to manually enter? What transponders and what satellites are they on?

satcrazy
03-29-2012, 05:44 PM
Yes, I loaded the north American software.
EB, every single satellite that I scanned did not lock. For example: Satmex 5 c band .

Which satellite did you find the very low frequency on?

el bandido
03-29-2012, 05:53 PM
I have seen 999 a couple of times, but I cannot remember which satellites they were on. I will go scan in a bit and see what I can find in the way of skinny transponders. The Raptor has the best blind scan when compared to any of my other receivers.
Have you tried deleting all of the transponders and scanning? If you don't mind, post your satellite file from the Anaconda so I can see what you are scanning.

el bandido
03-29-2012, 08:43 PM
I do not see anything that I scanned on Satmex5 that was below 2000 SR.
What transponders did you add?

el bandido
03-29-2012, 10:38 PM
I made a mistake earlier. I do not see anything with a symbol rate below 2000 that I scanned on SatMex6, not SatMex5 as I said earlier.

My C band transponder list for SatMex 5 at 116.8 shows several transponders that were scanned with a symbol rate of less than 2000. Sorry for the confunsion on this earlier.

The transponders that scan in as a 999 symbol rate can be found on SatMex5 KU. I scanned these in a few minutes ago and I have attached a picture of the blind scan in progress. EB

satcrazy
03-30-2012, 10:23 AM
EB, those are the transponders on Satmex 5 ,
All of them are active. I found them with my Vantage 1100, and the Ferguson Ariva100e( this is similar to the openbox).

If you could, try to preform a blindscan and see if your raptor will lock on them.

3913 H 1519
3883 *H 1479
3823. H. 1808
4107 V 1498
3888. V. *1562
3969. H. *1099
3853. H. *1665

EB, how long does the blindscan take on Satmex 5? Mine takes about 15 min. On each transponder.

el bandido
03-30-2012, 02:11 PM
SatMex 5 takes longer than most. I would guess between 5 and 10 minutes to blind scan this satellite. you are taking longer than that to scan one transponder.

Have you tried deleting ALL of your transponders before you scan?

satcrazy
03-30-2012, 02:48 PM
It took 15 min. To scan one transponder. I deleted all frequencies before the scan.

If it took you 5 to 10 min. To scan the whole satellite , then something is wrong! That's about the average time for most of the satellites that I scan( I am talking about 15 min. For just one transponder). Do you think that the raptor has a faster processor?

el bandido
03-30-2012, 04:20 PM
The raptor is supposed to be faster in some areas, but I do not think blind scan is supposed to be one of them.
if it takes 15 minutes to scan one transponder, how long does it take to scan all of SatMex 5 c band?

I do not get a signal on some of the transponders you have listed. My c band dish is an old 7.5 footer. It does not get everything that is available on SatMex 5 c band.

satcrazy
03-30-2012, 06:02 PM
Takes a while. I am waiting for vip3r to evaluate his anaconda, I wonder if he also has tha same issue with his receiver .

rrob311
03-30-2012, 09:08 PM
A good test is the 1562sr channels on Galaxy 16 cband. There are a few Mexican locals on that bird. I would be impressed if this receiver scans them all in. Another good test is FSTV on 123Ku.

satcrazy
03-30-2012, 10:11 PM
It only locks it manually. I hope other anaconda users provide feedback. If this is a software issue, hopefully it will be addressed and fixed.

el bandido
03-30-2012, 10:13 PM
FSTV Is no problem for my Raptor.
But I do not get any signal on the Galaxy 16 1562 SR channels. I do not know if the problem is my dish, location, or receiver.

ViP3R
03-30-2012, 11:01 PM
Takes a while. I am waiting for vip3r to evaluate his anaconda, I wonder if he also has tha same issue with his receiver .

Hey satcrazy.. Keep in mind my post above number 26.. I'm out of the loop at the moment. So I can't test this for you at the moment.

As far as I know the Raptor and Anaconda should scan just the same..If this is a software problem. We have been promised full support and if something needs fixed I believe it will be.

Take note of the NTSC boot fix, we asked and they delivered.

This is a very good thing..:thumbup:

03-31-2012, 05:48 AM
EB it definitely is a size issue when it comes to SatMex5 and Gaklaxy16. Also depending on what signal quality you are attaining from a specific tp will affect your receivers blind scan as well. Bigger is definitely better in this biz. I will be receiving my anaconda stb shortly and I'll put it through all those tests, rest assured.

el bandido
03-31-2012, 09:16 AM
It took 15 min. To scan one transponder. I deleted all frequencies before the scan.

If it took you 5 to 10 min. To scan the whole satellite , then something is wrong! That's about the average time for most of the satellites that I scan( I am talking about 15 min. For just one transponder). Do you think that the raptor has a faster processor?

Can you send me the serial number of your receiver in a pm? We would like to check it.
Also post any pictures you can get of this receiver. Something is not right here. EB

rrob311
03-31-2012, 05:54 PM
FSTV Is no problem for my Raptor.
But I do not get any signal on the Galaxy 16 1562 SR channels. I do not know if the problem is my dish, location, or receiver.

99w 3931H 1562 sr is TV Puebla and is one of the weaker signals on that satellite so a larger dish may be needed. That is the only one that scans in on my openbox and it is inconsistent as far as coming in on the blind scan. 4004H 2170sr 91w is another one that doesn't blind scan in for me.

rodder
04-07-2012, 07:02 AM
Just Ordered one of these Jewels Can"t wait for it to get here. I ordered from here will it come with NA sat file are will i have to load.

ViP3R
04-07-2012, 07:10 AM
Just Ordered one of these Jewels Can"t wait for it to get here. I ordered from here will it come with NA sat file are will i have to load.

Nice congrats! I will make sure it has the NA sat list installed for you before it ships..

rodder
04-07-2012, 07:43 AM
Thanks ViP3R

SatelliteGuy
05-19-2012, 10:31 AM
After performing another blind scan of SES 2 KU band the LPB channels still didn't play correctly with the signal constantly going from 0% to 85% while all other channels on that satellite played just fine. I then swapped out the Anaconda for the Openbox S9 and all the LPB channels played perfectly with a solid signal above 87%.

ViP3R
05-19-2012, 12:22 PM
After performing another blind scan of SES 2 KU band the LPB channels still didn't play correctly with the signal constantly going from 0% to 85% while all other channels on that satellite played just fine. I then swapped out the Anaconda for the Openbox S9 and all the LPB channels played perfectly with a solid signal above 87%.

Interesting...Perhaps the problem is on your end though. I also switched from my S9 to the Anaconda and tested this.

I have a solid 74% signal on 87W and this is just on a 39" dish with zero fluctuations on any of the LPB channels including the HD..Just solid 74% all the time.

SatelliteGuy
05-19-2012, 02:42 PM
Interesting...Perhaps the problem is on your end though. I also switched from my S9 to the Anaconda and tested this.

I have a solid 74% signal on 87W and this is just on a 39" dish with zero fluctuations on any of the LPB channels including the HD..Just solid 74% all the time.

Thank you for taking the time to take the pictures. I'll try the Anaconda again.

05-19-2012, 03:20 PM
No issues scanning the LPB channels on my end with the anaconda.

el bandido
05-19-2012, 03:40 PM
Did you remove the Anaconda and connect the Openbox the EXACT same way the Anaconda was connected?
Post your .fdu file that is in the Anaconda so we can check it for problems.

ViP3R
05-19-2012, 04:26 PM
Thank you for taking the time to take the pictures. I'll try the Anaconda again.

My pleasure...and please make a correction on the other sites that you posted on that LBP channels can indeed be viewed on the Anaconda. :cool:

SatelliteGuy
06-26-2012, 10:57 AM
Getting on soapbox...

There is a new inexpensive FTA HD satellite receiver on the market that everyone is raving about on another satellite forum. After reading the reviews and user comments I’m so happy that I purchased the Optibox Anaconda HD receiver instead which in my opinion is of much higher quality and value.

Sure like most FTA satellite receivers the Optibox Anaconda has its faults, but this receiver really shines when it comes to video quality, onscreen graphics, channel manager, remote control and receiver design, available inputs and outputs, web features and so much more. Even the box it came in and owner’s manual look good. It just goes to show just how much time and effort went into producing this quality product.

Hopefully the blind scan problems get resolved soon, but once the satellites are scanned to gain access to the latest channels this receiver is one of the best available today for us FTA hobbyists.

Getting off soapbox...

Thank You,
SatelliteGuy

eastof111
06-26-2012, 02:59 PM
"Sure like most FTA satellite receivers the Optibox Anaconda has its faults, but this receiver really shines when it comes to video quality, onscreen graphics, channel manager, remote control and receiver design, available inputs and outputs, web features and so much more."

That's what I said initially at the other site, not verbatim, and yet the naysayers still harped on and on. I know I am enjoying the Optibox more and more, even though I bitch every once in a while. Glad I bought it.

el bandido
06-26-2012, 07:51 PM
Optibox was brought here by us because we were tired of getting served the same Ali receivers over and over again.
Two new receivers were released this year by U.S. manufacturers, but in reality, these are cheap Ali receivers that are made in China just like Openbox.

It does not look like the blind scan will be fixed on the Anaconda and the Gekko. At one point, I was asked to furnish detailed information about the blind scan problem. I have been given several reasons why the blind scan is slow including using the wrong settings. We have tried every setting combination that I know of so we know it is not a setting problem.

Until we see what is going to be done about the blind scan, I do not recommend the Optibox Anaconda or Gekko to anybody that cannot handle a slow blind scan speed. We were told many times that the blind scan on the Anaconda, Gekko, and the Raptor were the same, but this is not true! I expect them to fix the blind scan or at least have the decency to tell us why it will not be fixed! EB

eastof111
06-26-2012, 10:07 PM
Sorry to hear that the supplier has this kind of response. If they did their homework, they could cut out a nice slice of the American pie just by correcting some of these issues. A small slice initially, but after they made a name for themselves, a lot of business would be steered in their direction.

Anyone in particular that we could do a mass mailing with concrete ideas?

SatelliteGuy
06-27-2012, 10:54 AM
It looks like this receiver is also known as the FS-9105HD PVR.

el bandido
06-27-2012, 12:59 PM
You are correct.
I have already posted what receivers are the same and I have posted the tools so you can change the software.

0x250000A0 Fortis HS-7810
0x250100A0 Optibox Anaconda
0x250200A0 Octagon SF 1008 SE+
0x250300A0 Rebox RE-4200
0x250300A0 UltraPlus 900
0x250500A0 Skyway Nano
0x250600A0 HD Box FS-9105
0x250700A0 Forever HS-7810
0x250800A0 Arcon Titan 1010
0x250900A0 Openbox S6
0x251004A0 I.Com HD-1080P
0x251200A0 Dynavision DV-7800
0x251300A0 GI S8680
0x251700A0 Elcomax Elux II
0x252000A0 Dreamsky HD6 [09]
0x252300A0 Star Track SRT 2014
0x252700A0 Mediastar 900s

06-27-2012, 01:51 PM
Knowing that the optibox anaconda has the most sensitive tuner of my fleet or receivers well justifies the purchase of this box. It's a shame that the blind scan issue will not be addressed. My anaconda will be used with one of the skybox receivers for feeds. If we could just get 4:2:2 feeds on an azbox, blind scan of the skybox F3 and tuner sensitivity of the anaconda all in one box I'd be in stb heaven.

SatelliteGuy
06-28-2012, 09:30 PM
Optibox Anaconda Plus now available:

el bandido
06-28-2012, 09:37 PM
We have asked about these new receivers and are checking to see if they have the same blind scan problem.

ViP3R
06-30-2012, 08:46 PM
Sorry to hear that the supplier has this kind of response. If they did their homework, they could cut out a nice slice of the American pie just by correcting some of these issues. A small slice initially, but after they made a name for themselves, a lot of business would be steered in their direction.

Anyone in particular that we could do a mass mailing with concrete ideas?

Don't count on a reply, but if enough people send a message , you never know and it may put a little pressure on there part.